Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
This position requires an individual who must work with minimal supervision to manage change and configuration activities of products from inception through end-of-life. This person will join a dynamic, fast paced organization supporting new product development teams, as well as sustaining operations. This person is responsible for compiling relevant information related to product and process definition, analyzing business and compliance requirements, assessing risks for impact, and procuring accurate information for use in global systems. In addition to product configuration and change activities, tasks include support and iteration of Camstar Manufacturing Execution System (MES) models, management of Engineering Change Requests and Change Orders (ECRs/ECOs), development and maintenance of Bills of Materials (BOMs), and identification and participation in product and process improvements initiatives.
All About You
- Own, Support, and iterate models in MES to develop and optimize manufacturing process flows
- Drive improved utilization of MES for a manufacturing area with respect to both configuration and core functionality, and act as “voice of the customer” for manufacturing
- Understanding of master data and the roles played by PLM, ERP, MES, LIMS, etc. in support of manufacturing
- Engage Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to assure change and configuration documentation is accurate and complete, all relevant documentation is included, and appropriate implementation strategies and validation activities have been completed.
- Review and monitor implementation activities to ensure the change has been completed properly
- Responsible for the accuracy of system data through process evaluation and validation
- Develop and maintain product and process configurations and collaborate on the implementation of solutions in PLM and ERP. Candidate must have a solid understanding of PLM/ERP and changes to downstream cross functional areas and systems
- Identify, execute, and support process improvement initiatives of varying complexity engaging global, cross-functional support
- Able to work independently and requires minimal guidance to perform required tasks
- Work with peers and/or subordinates to ensure timely completion of projects and tasks
- Take initiative to develop and implement new processes to strengthen data accuracy or enhance efficiency
- Demonstrate effective communication style working with all levels of organizational structure, through multiple departments, and across global sites
- Provide leadership to junior level engineers
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Direct hands on experience creating and supporting modeling in MES, Camstar MES preferred.
- Proven ability to convert process flows into automated workflow models
- Technical background in manufacturing, preferably in a life sciences, diagnostic, and/or medical device environment
- Experience in configuration management, operations, and/or quality within a regulated industry
- Hands-on experience with 3rd Party interfaces that are commonly interfaced with MES applications like ERP, PLM, LIMS, SCADA, Equipment, etc.
- Solid understanding of computer system and manufacturing validations
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle of controlled systems preferred
- Experience with process and material change and configuration activities within an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, SAP preferred
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) experience, SAP desirable
- Experience with ISA-95 with a strong understanding for the boundaries between enterprise and control systems
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485 and cGMP requirements desired
- High degree of initiative and ownership, as well as a proven history of delivering results while working with several different departments in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering discipline, or related field required
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf