Requisition ID 30056BR
Title Sr Manager - Scientific Resources
Job Category Medical Affairs
Job Description PURPOSE:
This individual will develop scientific resources and training materials for the diabetes & obesity medical
affairs (MA) team; and will work closely with the MA management team and other internal stakeholders such as Clinical, Medical Information, Marketing, Market Shaping, Sales Operations, and CMR Training to enable Medical Affairs to engage with Stakeholders in the appropriate generation, integration and communication of scientific data.
To ensure accurate, timely and current medical updates to scientific communications materials and resources in use by the MA team related to current and future diabetes/obesity treatment modalities and guidelines. Create, review, update and archive MA slide libraries, Field MA (FMA) clinical reading binders, new hire material, product-specific key studies and other material for use by medical professionals within Novo Nordisk. Serve as resource to the overall MA team in product and disease state scientific resources and education as directed by MA management. This position may focus on specific products and/or customer groups as determined by the business needs. Projects will be allocated across team members to optimize workflow and according to business priorities.
Position reports to the Associate Director, Scientific Resources Strategy. Additional key internal relationships include MA internal and field management, MA project management, Medical Communications, CMR Training, Clinical Trial Management, Clinical Development, Marketing and Market Shaping.
* Support development of scientific resources plan in collaboration with internal stakeholders to ensure execution of key business priorities and Medical Product plan deliverables
* Maintain and update the Medical Slide Library for use by MA team.
* Prepare and implement MA scientific training initiatives in collaboration with CMR Training. This includes new hire scientific training, ongoing scientific training (Tele/Web-conferences or live training at Regional and National meetings) and other initiatives to ensure MA Team members have the most current medical and scientific information and “best in class” clinical support.
* Act as a scientific resource for the MA team.
* Act as a scientific resource liaison between FMA team and Field Medical Canada, BioPharm, Medical Education and Medical Information Departments.
* Act as point person to represent the MA team to liaise with key internal stakeholders cross-functionally on appropriate projects
* Assist home office medical strategy & operations (MSO) team in responding accurately and timely to scientific information requests from the MA team.
* Assist home office Scientific Resources & training team in the coordination and training of sales representatives on disease state knowledge as requested.
* Assist MA team in preparing for major presentations or major managed care meetings as requested.
* Coordinate all FMA activities related to scientific conventions, work with FMA leadership team to identify and cover relevant scientific sessions, work with other departments to secure FMA personnel support at Novo Nordisk Medical Booths/lounges and for overall coordination.
* Coordinate with Medical Strategy Director, Brand Medical Directors and with Competitive Intelligence teams for regular MA updates on ongoing and anticipated clinical trials in support of Novo Nordisk brands and those related to competitive products.
* Coordinate with Product Safety to provide relevant updates to FMA team
* Develop and maintain scientific knowledge database for the MA team.
* Keep the MA team updated on new information related to diabetes/obesity.
* Partner closely with FMA Management Team, to ensure field management input and alignment on all initiatives.
* Prepare and communicate scientific material and clinical updates to the MA team on an ongoing basis and in advance of new data roll-out, speaker training programs, and other venues as directed by MA management.
* Submit all medical slides and other scientific resources for appropriate medical and legal review to assure compliance with standardized review processes of materials used by professionals in the MA Team.
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings – approximately 15% overnight travel. Some international travel
may be required.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* A PharmD preferred with a minimum of 3 years of academic or industry experience or doctoral degree (PharmD, PhD, MD or DO) with 2-3 years of Healthcare/Medical information/Affairs experience.
* Field medical experience preferred.
* Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory environment of pharmaceutical industry.
* Possess superior communication skills, both oral, written and presentation, and ability to engender trust and respect of peers and superiors.
* Presentable, highly articulate, goal-oriented, honest, with high integrity and strong ethics.
* Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and MS word software applications and overall advanced computer skills with knowledge of literature search techniques required.
* Proven track record of strong team work, innovation, and project management.
* Strong diabetes or obesity knowledge and keen understanding of diabetes/obesity therapeutics preferred.
Department CMR - FMA SCIENCE
Position Location US - Princeton, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or email [email protected] with your request. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this email address. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request in the body of your email. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in your message. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Compliance, Database, Diabetes, Engineering, Healthcare, Law, Legal, Management, Manager, Marketing, Marketing Manager, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Project Manager, Sales, Sales Operations, Science, Scientific, Special Medicine, Technology