Job Title: Sr Manager, Global Field Service
Reports To: EVP, Product Development
Department: 1653 Services
In this position, you will lead a team of at least 30 people globally (most in US and China). You will manage the coordination of technical and administrative support activities including installation, repair, preventative maintenance, and engineering change upgrades for Complete Genomics/BGI’s sequencing platform instruments and other OEM laboratory instruments. You will ensure that adequate records and systems are maintained to support the business and provide analysis for continuous product improvement. You will also define, develop and execute a training program for the installation and maintenance of legacy and newly developed systems; this will also include the generation of all necessary documentation (SOP’s, Field Notification and Service Manuals). You will manage staffing levels to be able to perform all preventive maintenance as well as respond to critical situations. Maintaining communication with technical management and subject matter experts will be critical to succeed in this role. This includes support for resolving technical problems and/or bringing problems to the design department’s attention. As the needs of the business increase, you will need to select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the group.
Your Experience: Experience in a global field service and support organization. Experience in managing a team of service and support personnel to maintain your customer base at an “above expectations” level. Proven ability to work in a start-up, early stage support organization, where you need to determine the needs of the support function, and work with others to acquire, create and implement the business critical elements of a fledgling support organization.
Your Leadership Skills: Open communication style. Ability to thrive in a dynamic, cross functional environment. Ability to prioritize tasks and work across group boundaries and different countries in a global scale to meet the needs of the customer. Ability to identify risk areas and clearly communicate criticality; work with the team to address issues leading towards risk mitigation. Proven leadership in a team environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize all support needs to address company's critical elements
- With leadership skills to manage a team of global service engineers and maintain customer base at an "Above Expectation Level" level
- Manage and support CGI products field activities, include installation, PM, repair, field upgrades
- Support in-house OEM equipment for their PMs, repairs and maintain adequate records
- Support company newly product development activities, include implementing Design for Serviceability into product develop stages
- Support CGI new product introduction and all documentation creation (SOPs Service Manual, Service bulletins, etc.)
- Create service training materials
- Assemble and execute service training in various level to support product launch and business expansion needs
- Support product continuous improvement by providing field failure analysis
- Support CGI legacy products
- Maintain an efficient level of cross functional communication with all related departments
- Coaching and mentoring the team performance
- Staffing the team for business needs and maintain a good practice level of operation
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.