Asuragen is a global molecular diagnostics product and solutions company, and we use our unique combination of proprietary chemistry and bioinformatics to develop products that address unmet needs for both clinical research and diagnostic laboratories. Our product portfolio is comprised of reagent kits and software for Genetics and Oncology applications.
As a Sr. Manager, Bioinformatics, you will lead a team to advance new technologies and analysis platforms within Research. Leveraging a strong computational background and bioinformatics expertise, you will design and deliver innovative algorithms and pipelines to enable accurate, streamlined, and clinically meaningful results on long-read sequencing platforms and other technologies. Working collaboratively and cross-functionally with other scientists, you will define and champion novel projects at the interface of the computational and molecular sciences, directly influencing the future of our research and product roadmaps.
What you will do
- Lead, coach, and inspire a team of Bioinformatics staff to advance Asuragen’s capabilities to enable new and meaningful products to address unserved clinical markets
- Define, develop, and document novel end-to-end computational solutions in support of Asuragen’s research and future product initiatives
- Collaborate in an interdisciplinary fashion across R&D
- Mentor and train R&D staff on bioinformatics and computational methods
- Identify, promote, defend, and lead new research directions
- Author successful patents, technical reports, and publications
- Effectively communicate scientific topics and project outcomes both internally and externally
Who You Are & What You Bring
- Experience leading a team of computational scientists in an academic or industry setting
- A natural problem solver with an innovative mindset coupled with strong technical acumen
- PhD or equivalent industry experience in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field, additional industry experience preferred
- Strong track record of independence, innovation, and productivity demonstrated through multiple peer-reviewed publications, grants, or patents
- Experience developing algorithms and pipelines for multiple sequencing technologies, ideally including long-read sequencing
- Working knowledge of machine learning including Bayesian inference and/or deep learning
- Experience performing analyses and developing software in a Linux HPC environment
- Extensive experience with data science APIs, tools, and frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy, containerization (e.g. Docker), and version control (e.g. git)
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for working in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer
We have an incredibly talented group of down-to-earth professionals with the experience, drive and creativity to make Asuragen a world-class global diagnostics company. Our workplace is full of enthusiastic, hardworking and intelligent people with bold ideas and the determination to see them through.
Our best-in-class diagnostic tests are used throughout a patient’s lifespan by laboratories worldwide. Asuragen is located in Austin, TX, which offers top-notch technology, educational, and business benefits.
Asuragen provides a competitive salary, medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, an employee bonus plan, and a tuition reimbursement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Asuragen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.