Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Serves as a generalist in a variety of human resources activities; serves as first-level counselor and coach to leaders; conducts investigations and recommends resolution; advises senior leaders on and implements HR plans, programs, practices, and policies; identifies gaps, researches best practices, recommends and implements solutions for the full scope of HR plans, programs, practices, and policies.
All About You
- Provide full strategic HR Generalist support for assigned client group(s).
- Develop thorough understanding of the company needs and future direction in order to insure business decisions take into account people implications.
- Counsel management on leadership expectations, communication, and progressive discipline.
- Provide coaching & feedback on how to improve individual performance to employees across the organization.
- Serve as subject matter expert on employee relations; investigate and resolve complex employee relations issues, including claims of harassment and/or discrimination.
- Act as advocate to employees and to process during employee relations processes.
- Provide HR guidance to employees and managers with regard to benefits, compensation, training, company policies, payroll, etc.
- Conduct Exit Interviews and perform qualitative data analysis of turnover, discipline, and other metrics.
- Participate in cross-functional work groups to gain and offer HR insight on business and operational challenges.
- Administer and develop HR policies & procedures.
- Manage continuous improvement activities for HR Support work areas.
- Analysis of data and recommendations of improvement to Management across all HR disciplines.
- Act as M&A HR Liaison for on-boarding requirements to ensure consistency & compliance.
- Minimum of 8 years of HR Business Partnering and other relevant HR experience.
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated capacity to effectively and practically communicate complex ideas and business concepts.
- Experience in developing and HR programs related to talent development, staffing and organization effectiveness practices.
- Familiarity with current and leading practices related to talent management and organizational effectiveness techniques.
- Proven track record of leadership and ability to influence.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with multiple levels and disciplines.
- Familiarity with employment and workplace safety laws and compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field.
- Experience in a technology, life sciences, biotechnology or medical device industry is strongly preferred.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf