Are you passionate about genetic science? Do you want to drive marketing opportunities for some of the most sophisticated tools and services being used today? We are seeking a Senior Market Development Manager for our Genetic Analysis team, to develop and execute marketing programs for capillary electrophoresis instruments, software focusing on customer applications. This experienced, dynamic manager will be a key member of the capillary electrophoresis marketing team. This role is responsible for successfully working within a highly matrixed organization to develop global go-to-market strategies and integrated multi-channel marketing plans and to execute on tactical projects to achieve KPI and revenue targets and other annual operating plan objectives. This position reports to the Product Management Leader of CE Instruments.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for capillary electrophoresis instruments and software, including analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities.
- Develop, execute, and measure engaging, bold tactical marketing plans for new and/or existing instrument, or applications that use a customer journey framework.
- Coordinate global product launch.
- Focus on competitive differentiation and creation of unique customer value statements.
- Map needs of target markets and support analysis of which market segments to proactively pursue or emphasize.
- Act as a brand ambassador: understand, uphold, and communicate our brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs.
- Create and implement relevant marketing content across multiple channels, including web, video, social media, print, and more.
- Develop sales force training and customer education material in collaboration with product management, R&D, commercial teams, and channel partners.
- Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
- Work closely with regional marketing managers to build and execute marketing programs within their regions.
- Update market research regarding the market changes, customer needs and competitive situation.
- Create strong relationships with relevant key opinion leaders and decision makers. Keep abreast of industry trends, pertinent regulations and applicable standards in all focused markets.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- 7+ years of experience developing a marketing strategy and successfully implementing marketing plans for scientific instruments or molecular biology products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Science OR Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related degree.
- Exceptional communication, project management, and planning skills.
- Development of product marketing plans, general knowledge of operating plans or industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential.
- Primary and secondary market research.
- Track record in successful launches of high value scientific products.
- A strong record building alignment in cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of: 4Ps, marketing communication mix, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition, messaging and marketing program development and execution, content strategy/marketing, content audit, customer journey maps.
- Experience with marketing and voice of customer VOC.
- Travel is required. (~25%)
- MBA strongly preferred.