SENIOR FIELD APPLICATIONS SCIENTIST - Forensics (could be based anywhere in Western Europe)
The Forensics Specialist FAS is an EMEA-wide overlay technical field contact for Illumina customers, local FAS, sales and marketing. This role is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and speeding time to implementation of Illumina Forensics applications. This covers new installations, customer trainings, and for providing data analysis, logistical, and high level troubleshooting support. The primary goals are to ensure maximum utilization of Illumina systems to drive revenues and sustain customer retention in the Forensics market.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To provide EMEA level Forensics support expertise
- Partner with local FAS and wider Illumina team in successfully onboarding new customers with Illumina Forensics products
- Partner with applied sales and marketing to ensure technical success and appropriate support plans are implemented for Forensics strategic projects such as early access, collaborations, etc
- Provide Forensics technical expertise in the field to improve internal and external training outcomes, increase Forensics knowledge and expertise amongst the wider Illumina support team
- Provide Forensics expertise to local FAS coordinating new installations, including facility inspections, instrument validation, and customer training.
- Provide Forensics expertise to local FAS, technical and product support troubleshooting issues related to user's technical skills, biochemistry/assay design, experimental design, software and instruments.
- Assist the local FAS to drive and maintain positive relationships with customers in their assigned territory
- Maintain and increase product usage, and supporting key account and strategic sales efforts through technical presentations and demonstrations
- Provides strategic and competitive feedback to Marketing and product development teams, and independently leads or manages beta tests at customer sites
- Developing and improving key company processes that support our mission of building a world-class customer support organization
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.