When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Pharma Analytics business, a dynamic team that innovates state of the art molecular solutions for Pharmaceutical Analytics applications, is recruiting a Field Application Scientist to support its commercial effort on the Midwest-Mid Atlantic states. Our portfolio consists of fully integrated testing solutions, including sample preparation chemistry, instrumentation, software and services . Analytes include nucleic acids, proteins, glycans, and microbes. Methods applied include qPCR, Capillary Electrophoresis and DNA sequencing across a product portfolio that includes MicroSEQ® microbial identification, MycoSEQ® Mycoplasma detection, ResDNASEQ®, quantitative host cell DNA assays and new products ProteinSEQ, a novel solution that combines the specificity of ELISA with the range and sensitivity of Q-PCR for quantitation of cellular and process based protein impurities and GlycanAssure(TM), a high resolution, high throughput system for complex glycan analysis.
In the role (s)he will work in tandem with our sales, R&D and product management team as the technical consultant/expert during both pre-sales and post-sales meetings. (S)he must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers and internal stakeholders of the company and work collaboratively across different functional teams.
• Work across multiple disciplines and stake holders as the customer facing technical expert and consultant
• Deliver on-site customer support to provide start-up training and technical assistance that assists a customer towards adoption/qualification/validation
• Maintain accurate and up to date records of customer interactions in SFDC
• Assist in the development of comprehensive training materials and delivery of training for this customer segment
• Gathering customer information about technical trends/needs to support development of selling strategies and future products
• Establish collaborative relationships with key partners to develop customer champions
• Execute experiments that support technical marketing efforts
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in science related field with 3-5 years of experience in either developing or implementing analytical solutions for the biopharmaceutical industry
• Experience in development or implementation of products utilizing one or more of the following: Q-PCR, DNA sequencing (Sanger or NGS) immunoassays, CE, UPLC, Mass Spec, liquid handling automation and robotics platforms. A background in cGMP testing requirements would be a plus.
• The ability to organize large problems into addressable actions
• Domestic travel 50%-75% with occasional international travel
• Easy access to an airport in the Mid-West or Mid-Atlantic region to serve customers in those states.
• Strong communication and analytical skills and ability to manage multiple priorities. Able to deliver engaging presentations that reach both non-technical and technical audiences
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.