Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
We are looking for driven, talented Senior Process Engineers to join our growing Life Cycle Management (LCM) group. The LCM group works as an integral part of our Consumables Development and Manufacturing process and is tasked with increasing quality and yield within our high volume production environments. The individual will provide support to new product introduction, production process development, product transfers, and existing line sustainment. Additionally, s/he will partner cross-functionally with R & D, Quality, Production, Supply Chain, and other engineering groups to develop and sustain processes for new products.
• Participate in process sustaining, definition and improvement, design, development and quality test activities in the making of consumable products or support of processes/equipment used to sequence genomes.
• Troubleshoot production line issues related to yield, quality and throughput.
• Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOE's) to optimize processes, address yield and quality issues and drive implementation of solutions in a production environment to meet production goals.
• Analyze process test results, issue reports and make technical recommendations.
• Work cross functionally with R&D, Manufacturing and Quality to develop processes for new products and improve processes of existing products.
• Represent Operations needs on development teams.
• Define technical requirements and write procedures for Production to process product.
• Work on teams to develop and transfer new processes/products to production and enhance their robustness.
• Work experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable.
• High level problem solving and reasoning skills required.
• Experience with chemical processes (preferably organic) preferred.
• Experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control and DOE techniques is a plus.
• Experience with high volume production in a high tech, high volume consumables industry is a plus.
• High level computer skills are required. Intermediate level programming knowledge is strongly desired.
• Experience with product development processes and project management is a plus.
• Good interdepartmental communication skills and documentation skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.
• B.S./M.S./ PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biotechnical Engineering, Bioinformatics or MS/PhD in Materials Science or Physical Chemistry, with at least 6+ years of relevant experience in production support/sustaining and/or process definition and development, design, scale-up, improvement and validation.
• Recent or near term college graduates are encouraged to apply.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf