Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
We are looking for a highly talented Scientist to be a key member of our metrology team within the Department of Reagents and Consumables. A candidate with fundamental knowledge of measurement techniques used to quantify products and process will become a key contributor to integrated and multidisciplinary teams developing new, and improving existing DNA sequencing technology platforms.
Candidates with a proven track record in a variety of spectroscopic methods, surface analytical techniques or nanofabrication characterization tools will be considered. As a successful candidate you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to create genomic analysis consumable devices that enable leading-edge medical research.
- Quantitatively characterize surfaces and materials including monolayers, thin films, polymers and functionalized surfaces
- Create or identify innovative new ways to characterize surfaces, materials and processes used in the creation of Illumina’s consumables
- Perform and lead failure analysis
- Interface with third party analytical labs to plan experiments and analyze results
- Assist in developing manufacturing friendly methods and transferring them to production areas
- Play a key role in product and process development by interpreting complex data and providing guidance to product development teams
- Work collaboratively with surface and polymer chemists, biochemists and bioinformaticians, developing new DNA analysis platforms
- Lead technical project teams in delivering cutting edge solutions to highly integrated product development problems
- Mentor and guide junior scientists
- Teach staff members how to perform measurements and interpret data
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, lead and/or participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on technical results
Required Skills & Experience