All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
The candidate will be responsible for designing complex database systems, ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes, designing and developing reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and integrating them with Microsoft SharePoint Server or custom web interfaces, performance tuning, and administration/maintenance of production database servers.
All About You
- Develop and maintain SSIS packages and SSRS reports to meet business needs.
- Perform logical and physical data modeling.
- Develop reliable and efficient database code to support enterprise reporting and applications.
- Maintain and enhance the existing database solutions.
- Create and maintain documents for all projects.
- Monitor and optimize system performance using index tuning, disk optimization, partitioning and other methods.
- Participate in the creation and enforcement of database development standards and processes, including: naming, coding, database security, data access, and documentation
- Design and implementation of GUI elements to serve production data customers