Genomic Health, Inc. (GHI) is seeking an extraordinary investigator in Oncology with a strong interest in precision medicine to be a member of Oncology Development in Translational Sciences.
The Oncology Development Senior Director/Director will be responsible for providing clinical leadership during the development of new products and new applications of existing products that improve cancer care through molecular insight.
Genomic Health is building upon the success of the Oncotype DX breast, colon, and prostate cancer assays with a growing number of programs focused on developing comprehensive solutions for cancer patients and providers including next-generation sequencing-based assays on tissue and liquid patient samples.
To support these programs, the Senior Director will be expected to:
1) provide oncology expertise during the due diligence, development, validation, and implementation of practice-changing molecular assays,
2) initiate and lead external collaborations involving leaders in academic oncology, cooperative groups, and research organizations,
3) identify, qualify, and choose sites and investigators to participate in key clinical trials,
4) review, interpret, present, and lead the reporting of key results, and
5) act as medical monitor for clinical trials.
You will lead internal collaborative, cross-functional program teams including members from genomic sciences, bioinformatics, pathology, biostatistics, clinical operations, medical affairs, and commercial and be a leader across Genomic Health as a member of Research and Development. You will report to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Your leadership, Oncology expertise, and clinical insight for cross-functional teams at Genomic Health, Inc throughout the lifecycle of practice-changing genomic tests and services.
- You'll lead the clinical activities for assigned Development Programs including management of external collaborations required for assay development, proof-of-concept studies, and clinical validation studies.
- Lead the development of clinical protocols required to support product development, validation, and/or commercialization including the adoption and/or development of novel approaches for demonstrating clinical validation and utility.
- Identify opportunities to expand indications for existing products and craft and manage clinical protocols required to demonstrate validity and utility.
- Engage with leaders with vision in oncology to gain a greater understanding of key clinical questions in oncology and to facilitate their understanding of the scientific validity and clinical utility of GHI products
- Assume accountability for scientific presentations and publications generated as a result of product development collaboration
- Collaborate with program core team members from Research and Development, Product Lifecycle Management and Commercial to participate in the formulation of commercialization strategy, creation of product profiles for new products and line extensions, and provide strategic and tactical advice for development of Oncology science and business at GHI.
- Engage with Translational Sciences’ leadership team colleagues for continuous improvement of team leadership practices including department communication methods, interviewing potential new team members, teambuilding and enhancement of GHI’s unique culture.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.