- Responsible for the development of medical strategies to provide relevant data evidence from company and clinical studies to ensure the strategy is clearly defined and consistent with the clinical development and strategic objectives for each product, and that appropriate processes are in place for review, approval, management and support of studies.
- Responsible for leading and managing key thought leader engagement and knowledge development initiatives and programs. In addition, the position will require contributing strategic guidance to product, marketing and sales teams to ensure alignment of medical affairs with clinical development and commercial strategies/tactics
- Responsible for providing leadership and management in identifying needs for clinical trials and registries and lead the execution.
- Responsible for representing QIAGEN at conferences, medical meetings, advisory boards, outreach meeting and key thought leader engagement.
- Responsible for fostering an ethical and compliant environment in accordance with company policies and procedures and industry regulations and standards.
- Responsible for remaining current on market and industry trends, FDA regulations, competitor products, and leading medical affairs strategies to ensure the organization remains competitive and meets and exceeds its commercial objectives.
- Responsible for aligning with Procurement, Legal, and Quality Assurance professionals within the company as well as with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and device clients, as well as third party vendors to ensure that all contractual obligations are met.
- Develop Scientific Advisory Boards and Speaker Bureaus that are appropriate and address the clinical and scientific needs of products that are in line with development, early adoption, and lifecycle management of particular products.
- Provide medical insights and actionable scientific guidance to galvanize translational research, demonstrates proof-of-concept, and promotes clinical studies resulting in fully integrated diagnostic tests, which include diagnostic assays, equipment and software.