This positions is responsible for leading initiatives to generate product demand for our Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) assay panels through establishing and developing relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs). Driving strategic partnership for diagnostic companies, key consortia’s, Commercial Clinical Labs (CCLs) and key strategic Academic Cancer Centers. Seek business development opportunities to enhance CSD’s market competitiveness.
- Develops a global network of consultative relationship with KOLs to advise and participate in market development (with particular focus around our IVD and oncology translational efforts) and companion diagnostic commercialization activities
- Develop plans and faciliate key influencers to write white papers and generate publications in reputable journals to create awareness. This includes drafting and reviewing clinical protocols to advance our clinical interests
- Work to establish and influence clinical guidelines
- Presentations to pharma/biotech in coordination with DxP as well as hospital/medical staff and clinical laboratory staff to support current issues and enhancing value-added services
- Assess and understand the medical and clinical environment in order to sustain and leverage expertise in relevant disease states and new treatments/tests and competitive products
- Drive strategic relationships with key CCL’s built on companion diagnostic commercialization plans all with the goal to ensure we have a clear go-to-market strategy
- Develops relationships at the C-Suite level within the designated Strategic Accounts to maximize capture of share of spend and partner.
- Drives the overall CSD commercial strategy to ensure alignment across Life Science Solutions Group (LSG), Regional and Country Commercial, Thermo Fisher Corporate Accounts, LSG Business Development, Legal and LSG licensing teams globally to continue to evolve our key accounts strategy for the long-term growth of Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies.
- Works closely with Clinical Oncology NGS specialist team responsible for growing the Clinical NGS business.
- Interfaces with Corporate Accounts to ensure strategy in alignment with overall Thermo Fisher objectives.
- Partner and close deals with diagnostic companies and emerging NGS diagnostic channels to ensure we successfully commercialize our solutions
- Strategy development and implementation of programs that competitively enhance CSD’s market position including collaboration with key business partners
- Competitive intelligence landscaping analysis
- Contributes to overall CSD strategy and direction and collaborates with CSD Leadership Team to develop the CSD strategic plan to successfully commercialize new products, enter new markets and achieve share and profitability goals by product category and market segments
- Accountability for profitable revenue growth in Strategic Accounts by ensuring the right short and long-term growth strategy, organizational structure and talent, and the appropriate investment/operating plans/financial metrics are in place.
- Regularly assess team performance and effectively communicates with colleagues, global leadership team and senior management on progress against objectives and future plans for driving performance.
- Participates in talent development initiatives including talent review (HRR), recruiting, incentive compensation, performance management, and training and development programs and initiatives
- Drives cultural change through Role Model Leadership to unlock the full potential of the organization by developing a high level of employee engagement, an intense focus on our customers and integrity, including compliance with Thermo Fisher and other regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with other Thermo Fisher organizations to leverage existing capabilities and resources.