Why is one person more likely to develop a disease, like cancer, than someone else? Why would one person respond differently to treatment than another? Illumina’s technologies are helping researchers and clinicians around the world answer these questions and others, on a scale not even possible a few years ago.
Illumina is the only life sciences company developing genome-wide technologies for genotyping, gene expression and sequencing—the three cornerstones of modern genetic analysis. By enabling studies of thousands of patient samples at once, our products set genetic discovery on fast forward. And we’re just getting started.
The Senior Director, Market Development for Illumina’s Oncology Business Unit is responsible for support of commercial launch of RUO and IVD products by creating solutions that address common adoption barriers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of market development professionals, and coordinate across a global team of commercial, market development and marketing professionals
- Establish processes and best-practices in measuring clinical impact, clinical outcome, health resources and cost containment, and developing value dossiers
- Coordinate with CMO, Medical Affairs to establish best-practices in sponsored trial design
- Coordinate with product marketing to develop product requirements documents, evidence development and commercial support activities
- Coordinate with marketing and commercial leaders to establish best-practices in sales training, specifically, targeting, stakeholder mapping
- Coordinate with market access team to support payer relations and reimbursement activities
- Identify key adoption barriers in strategic geographies and lead planning and execution across the global organization
- Coordinate a network of key opinion leaders, advocacy groups and key stakeholders to support Illumina strategy development and tactical execution
- Coordinate Illumina’s external sponsored research activities
- Present strategies and updates to executive team
- Plan and manage a budget
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of market development, health economics, market access or marketing experience in clinical markets (Laboratory services, pharma or devices)
- Proven track record of developing evidence that supported guidelines inclusion, established reimbursement
- Proven track record of influencing market adoption of clinical applications and/or solutions within regulated markets
- Proven track record of developing health economic studies
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Health Management or other related science field is preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 30% both domestic and international
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. Having built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, we’ve established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue; we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. That’s why MIT ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.