ob Title: Sr. Development Process Engineer
Reports To: Principal Technology Transfer Scientist, Reagents
Department: Biochem Systems Integration
We are looking for a motivated process engineer to join the Complete Genomics reagents team in supporting the latest generation of our proprietary DNA sequencing platform.
The successful candidate will develop and transfer to production the processes, equipment and infrastructure required for the large scale manufacture and kitting of molecular biology reagents for next generation sequencing applications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, and transfer to production processes for the formulation, filling, plating and packaging of oligo and enzyme based reagents, buffers and other critical components.
- Work closely with manufacturing to automate, scale-up and transfer equipment and processes to new large scale facility.
- Design and execute test plans for the qualification of new automated systems. Conduct design and process FMEA’s. In collaboration with QA and manufacturing, write verification and validation protocols. Lead the execution of these protocols.
- Create detailed process flow diagrams and work with manufacturing to identify and source required manufacturing equipment.
- Setup infrastructure in new ERP and MES systems (Part Numbers, Bills of Material, workflows etc.). Write test plans/reports, SOP’s and specification documents.
- Collaborate with the Biochemistry Automation team to test scripts, and use cases for automated high throughput Library Prep reagent manufacture
- Work on cross-functional teams consisting of Manufacturing, R&D, QA and others. Effectively communicate experimental plans and results.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.