Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Senior is responsible for testing and reporting clinical laboratory results, as well as providing direct and constant supervision for the Clinical Laboratory Technicians (CLTs).
- Performs and reports laboratory testing on clinical laboratory samples used to aide physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Selects, implements, and evaluates results for Quality Control materials used in statistical process control of laboratory assays.
- Troubleshoots assays and equipment for which QC materials fail to perform adequately.
- Participates in activities required to support all necessary licensure for the clinical laboratory, including quality management functions and on-site inspections of the laboratory.
- Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of the methods employed in the laboratory and the use of the resulting information by physicians through continuing education activities.
- Trains other CLS personnel in laboratory methods and trains CLTs to assist CLSs in the laboratory methods. Required to provide direct and constant supervision of non-licensed personnel.
- May be required to assist in assay development activities. The testing personnel are responsible for specimen processing, test performance and for reporting test results.
The Senior Clinical Lab Scientist will follow the financial guidelines set by the organization.
Attend and participate in team meetings, and interact in a positive, professional manner.
Each individual performs only those high complexity tests that are authorized by the laboratory director and require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual's education, training or experience, and technical abilities.
Each individual performing high complexity testing must—
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results;
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed;
- Revise Work Instructions as required
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance;
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the Lead Clinical Lab Scientist General Supervisor, Technical Supervisor, Clinical Consultant, or Lab Director;
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
No direct reports