Accountable for leading the development and implementation of Norditropin® (Growth Hormone product) marketing/business plans and the achievement of NNI brand goals and business objectives for assigned product(s). Responsible for developing and implementing timely personal and non-personal promotions to help achieve brand goals, cultivating relationships with key patient advocacy groups & Key Opinion Leaders (KOL), leading strategic programs with Ped/Endo customers, providing brand leadership for HCP and patient websites and RM strategies and tactics, providing brand leadership for PR programs as well as key medical and patients conventions. Contributes to overall field force “call to action” and develops relevant sales support materials and review training and communication needed to ensure successful uptake of key initiatives. Takes a lead role for assigned products on strategic business teams and interact extensively with the enabling functions in Marketing as well as team representatives from Sales, Market Access, Commercial Operations and Effectiveness (CO&E), Medical, Regulatory, Relationship Marketing, Conventions, Global Marketing, Corporate Communications, and Legal.
Reports to the Senior Director BioPharm Portfolio. and will work closely with other marketing Managers, Sales, Market Access, Managed Markets Strategy, Commercial Operations and Effectiveness (CO&E), Medical, Regulatory, Relationship Marketing, Conventions, Global Marketing Team, Corporate Communications, Legal, etc. External relationships include relations with customers, key opinion leaders, advocacy groups, and professional societies. Works extensively with professional services vendors.
DEMONSTRATES MARKET, INDUSTRY, AND CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDING
* Identifies key customer needs, drivers, and barriers from a variety of sources (e.g., KOLs, market research, etc.)
* Performs analyses on customer and market data to identify brand/channel opportunities
* Utilizes knowledge of competitor products, trends, and activities to create effective product differentiation which enhances brand plans, tactics, and product positioning
* Utilizes knowledge of the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry to generate insights, develop strategies and tactics
DEVELOPS AND EXECUTES MARKETING PLANS
* Develops the tactical plan in line with brand strategic focus and objectives
* Facilitates workgroup, the strategic design and development of strategies for the brand
* Identifies opportunities for new and innovative promotional channels to communicate brand benefits to key customer groups
* Leads the development of promotional materials for each key customer group based on the brand messaging
DEVELOPS BRAND STRATEGIES
* Demonstrates in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships across key customer segments – e.g., healthcare professionals, consumers, and ensures promotional strategies are aligned accordingly
* Develops a strategic brand plan that is prioritized and aligned with the key issues and business objectives
* Leads the development of customer-focused brand strategies and optimize coordination across key stakeholders
* Applies an understanding of the key drivers and value propositions that impact brand tactics
LEADS AND MANAGES PROJECTS
* Allocates resources based on the evaluation of business priorities, risks, timing and opportunities, and makes adjustments based on the progress of the project
* Builds and maintains trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others inside and outside of the organization, focused on addressing key business issues, objectives, and processes
* Plans and manages cross-functional teams or projects that are aligned with strategic objectives, using appropriate project management tools and techniques, and contingency and communication plans
* Oversees time and costs associated with activities to ensure vendor, agency or HCP consultant estimates are realistic for agreed upon deliverables; and ensures reconciliation reports are completed
MASTERS PRODUCT AND DISEASE STATE KNOWLEDGE
* Develops marketing campaigns that optimize claims and align with lifecycle management of the brand
* Identifies competitive threats and opportunities and develops marketing programs and projects to minimize risks and capitalize upon identified opportunities
* Identifies strategies and programs based on targeted disease state knowledge, and its impact on key customer segments
UTILIZES BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL ANALYTICS
* Creates and manages budgets, and provides guidance to others to optimize the return on investment and impact
* Identifies the key factors and trends impacting performance, and recommends action plans for goal attainment and process improvement
* Monitors metrics to ensure that all strategies and tactics are meeting brand objectives, develops new objectives, or makes modifications as necessary
* A Bachelor’s degree required, MBA-preferred
* Ability to work on cross functional teams
* Minimum of six years in sales and/or brand management/marketing experience within the Pharmaceutical industry required.
* Experience with biopharmaceutical and injectable products is a plus. Planning, Execution and Follow-Up – effectively prioritizes and spends his/her time and the time of other on what is important.
* Develops accurate short and long-term plans.
* Excellent communication and project management skills to ensure timely execution and follow-up.
Department MKT - HEMOPHILIA MARKETING (1a)
Position Location US - Plainsboro, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.