Senior Bioinformatician We’re a smart, growing team tackling big problems. Natera’s mission is to give couples the best chance of having a healthy child and we need your help to bring the latest technology in genetics together with advanced signal processing and statistics. Our bioinformatics team works closely with our Biology R&D team and our Statistics team to develop new molecular diagnostic tests. The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on bioinformatics scientist with strong programming skills. You should have significant experience analyzing high-throughput sequencing data. You should be comfortable working with very large datasets, developing software for computational clusters, and analyzing noisy biological data. The ability to collaborate with experts in other disciplines, including biologists, mathematicians and engineers, is essential. Responsibilities:
- You will join a small team in the analysis of high-throughput DNA sequence data and work with our team of scientists and statisticians to answer specific biological questions.
- Develop tools and automated analysis pipelines for diagnostic tests, including variant-detection tools and quality-control checks
- Design primers for multiplexed PCR assays
- Masters or PhD in bioinformatics, engineering or related fields
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience
- Deep understanding of DNA sequence data and its analysis (mapping, variant calling etc)
- Experience with public domain data sources e.g. HapMap, dbSNP and 1000 genomes, strongly preferred
- Experience programming in Java and/or C++ strongly preferred
- Experience programming in one or more scripting languages: Groovy, Ruby, Perl or Python
- Experience using Linux command-line tools and writing shell scripts
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred) is a plus
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
About NateraNatera is a genetic testing company that develops and commercializes non-invasive methods for analyzing DNA. The mission of the company is to help families diagnose and manage genetic disease. In pursuit of that mission, Natera operates a CAP-accredited laboratory certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) in San Carlos, Calif., currently offering a host of preconception and prenatal genetic testing services primarily to OBGYN physicians and in-vitro fertilization centers. In 2013, the company launched Panorama™, a safe, simple test for pregnant women that screens for the most common chromosomal anomalies in a fetus as early as nine weeks of gestation. Tests developed by Natera have not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). For more information, visit www.natera.com. Equal Opportunity Natera affords equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran or marital status.