The Sr. Bioinformatics Scientist will be responsible for developing, maintaining and improving code for Courtagen’s next-generation clinical sequencing analysis pipeline. In addition, the Sr. Bioinformatics Scientist will be expected to support junior members of the bioinformatics team and provide timely analyses to other internal departments.
- Develop and maintain code to analyze and view large-scale clinical sequencing data
- Develop new methods and algorithms to link phenotype to genotype
- Train and support junior members of the bioinformatics team
- Suggest and implement improvements to analysis tools and bioinformatics pipelines
- Support the R&D team with analyses of new sequencing methods and techniques
- Follow best coding practices: issue tracking, source code control, and document management