We are seeking ambitious people to join our team and make an impact in an innovative and growing industry. Courtagen is a privately held life sciences and molecular information company that converts genomic data into actionable clinical information for the diagnosis of critical pediatric neurological and metabolic disorders. Courtagen’s state-of-the-art Next Generation Sequencing clinical laboratory integrates genotype, phenotype, and disease mechanism data using cloud-based computing and custom analytical methods to provide the most comprehensive results for clinicians, patients, and their families to better understand and treat their disease.
Sr. Bioinformatics Scientist
The Sr. Bioinformatics Scientist will be responsible for developing, maintaining and improving code for Courtagen’s next-generation clinical sequencing analysis pipeline. In addition, the Sr. Bioinformatics Scientist will be expected to support junior members of the bioinformatics team and provide timely analyses to other internal departments.
- Develop and maintain code to analyze and view large-scale clinical sequencing data
- Develop new methods and algorithms to link phenotype to genotype
- Train and support junior members of the bioinformatics team
- Suggest and implement improvements to analysis tools and bioinformatics pipelines
- Support the R&D team with analyses of new sequencing methods and techniques
- Follow best coding practices: issue tracking, source code control, and document management