As Illumina's Sr Bioinformatics Scientist, you will develop statistical algorithms, methods, and programs for analysis of genomic sequencing data and diagnostic products. The focus of the position is to apply statistical and mathematical modeling for genomic research and diagnostic product development. The Sr. Bioinformatics scientist will work closely with R&D scientists, software, database, and outside teams to deliver cutting edge bioinformatics solutions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Analyze massively parallel signature sequencing (MPSS) genomic data
· Work collaboratively with research scientists to develop and implement statistical solutions pertaining to chromosomal variant analysis
· Develop statistical/mathematical models to identify genomic variants such as chromosomal insertions, deletions, CNVs, or SNPs
· Apply statistical data analysis to support assay development experiments and guide experimental approaches
· Collaborate with scientific research community to develop advanced analysis method for genomic analysis
· Works on complex biological problems in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors