Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join our analytical/high throughput purification group. The preferred candidate will have a Master’s Level Degree in Analytical Chemistry or Chemistry with at least 10 years experience in a pharmaceutical setting. Extensive experience with reverse and normal phase analytical and preparative chromatography is a must. Deep knowledge of high throughput purification is required. The candidate is expected to have extensive knowledge and experience in chiral separation and purification.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• High throughput analysis and purification of chiral and achiral samples using HPLC, HPLC/MS
• Provide analytical support to stability testing, physical chemical property assays, and structural integrity studies
• Ability to maintain and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation(HPLC and HPLC/MS) is highly desired
• Will be expected to prepare and complete organized and clear data reports for project teams
• Will be working in a multi-disciplinary and fast-paced environment.
• Will train personnel on purification
• Write and maintain applicable SOPs
The position requires a Master’s degree in Analytical Chemistry or related degree with at least 10 years industry experience. The ideal candidate will have over 10 years experience with achiral and chiral preparative chromatography in high throughput pharmaceutical setting.
• Familiarity with HPLC and UPLC /MS software (e.g MassLynx, Chemstation, LC Solution) and instrumentation (Waters, Agilent, Shimadzu) is required
• Experience with working in a high throughput purification, automated and metrics driven environment.
• Experience with reverse phase , normal phase, chiral and ion exchange chromatography and dialysis
• Experience with automated synthesis and purification of peptides and small proteins
• Experience with method validation
• Excellent communication and team working skills.
• Demonstrated customer focus and ability to work to tight timelines.
• Detail orientated with a strong technical background
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interdisciplinary interaction skills.
• Ability to provide supervision and mentorship.
• Highly motivated, innovative and strong team player.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Must be a highly flexible and results oriented
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Req ID: 15002082
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Job: Research and Development
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting: 2015-11-23 00:00:00.0
Chemical Research, Chemistry, Dialysis, Engineering, Healthcare, Instrumentation, Laboratory, Medical, Pharmaceutical, R&D, Research, Research Scientist, Science, Scientific, Scientist, Senior Scientist, Technology, Testing