Integrated DNA Technologies
Job Locations US - IA - Coralville
Category Information Services
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 2/28/2017
Shift/Schedule M-F 40 Hour Week (United States of America)
The Database Administrator develops, administers and controls corporate data resources to ensure availability, quality, performance, integrity and security. The key areas of responsibility include database analysis, administration and support; quality assurance; migration and management; database design, modeling, development and reporting; implementation, resource management and user training.
- Develops data standards and best practices. Acts as database language/query expert. Develops database integration plans. Assures compliance with regulatory requirements for data storage.
- Works with customers to define and develop database applications.
- Partners with users to define the logical and physical database and offer solutions. Leads design and modeling. Determines database environment solutions.
- Plans and coordinate multiple database environments.
- Tests database applications and develops testing plans and procedures. Designs and implements error correction processes.
- Develops, manages and tests database administration support processes including backup/recovery, security, and performance tuning for many database systems. This may include a variety of database engines or platforms. Selects database tools and utilities. Sets standards for software installation, configuration, and maintenance. Provides end user support and training.
- Provides leadership in multiple areas of expertise. Assists in developing ideas/making recommendations to senior management.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values and actively pursues the company's mission.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related disciplines or equivalent direct experience preferred.
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 or equivalent direct experience preferred.
- MCSA: SQL Server 2016 or equivalent direct experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server required
- Experience with .Net and/or Powershell preferred
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to identify risks associated with technology decisions.
- Ability to make plans and implement changes effectively.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to make decisions using available resources and sound judgment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve established outcomes.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflict.
- Adaptability to perform under stress when confronted with critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to a minimal amount frequently
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.