- Performs specimen processing of blood specimens.
- The incumbent acts as a polite & courteous representative of the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
- Promotes and maintains an environment which supports the right to privacy for patients and staff and maintains patient information, patient records, and SCCA strategic plans in a confidential manner.
- This role supports processes, services, functions and communication that promote and sustain health care delivery based on the model and values of "Patient and Family Centered Care.
- Performs venipuncture phlebotomy in the collection of blood specimens from patients, staff, donors and research participants.
- Works efficiently to minimize patient wait times.
- Participates where required in Quality Improvement & Quality Assurance programs for the Alliance Laboratory.
- Promotes and maintains effective & professional communication with patients, clients, coworkers and SCCA colleagues.
- The incumbent works with limited supervision in performing daily work responsibilities.
Processes specimens including centrifugation, aliquoting, and dispensing specimens to proper lab processing and sendouts sites.
Sendouts: Follows Washington State Dept of Transportation packaging requirements for diagnostic specimens if using public and/or commercial transport.
Utilizes universal precautions in handling specimens. Wears appropriate and required personal protective equipment.
- High school graduation or the equivalent.
- Past laboratory experience strongly preferred.
- Phlebotomist certification in Washington state preferred
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2339201-2647-4121