Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world. We are planning a rapid scale-up and need to develop an excellent supply chain team in order to make it happen. We need a passionate, highly skilled, and strong team player to organize the supply base and drive continuous improvement. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to take a leadership role in developing great processes and a top-notch supply base. This role requires an individual that can be effective at being hands-on in the short-term while developing a strategic path forward that will deliver world-class purchasing processes and service.
The Buyer will be responsible for processing purchase requisitions and related procurement activities. Monitors open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery. Resolves receiving and invoicing issues promptly. Maintains accurate purchase order records in the Procurement system and supporting authorization documents. Negotiates with suppliers to ensure the best price, service, and delivery schedule to meet the requirement.
Impact: Failure to perform the essential functions of this job may lead to or result in; interruptions of the production and development schedules, negatively impacting the Accounts Payable department workload, poor relationships with suppliers/internal customers, and increased costs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prompt review of purchase orders. Must efficiently and accurately verify supplier confirmation of orders and delivery commitments. Must keep internal customers updated with original supplier confirmation and all significant changes thereafter.
- Prevent receiving and invoice discrepancies via careful alignment of purchase orders with supplier’s process. Promptly resolve discrepancies as they occur.
- Collaborate effectively with Accounts Payable, Receiving and Inventory Control colleagues.
- Negotiate best terms (price, delivery, payment terms) with suppliers while maintaining efficient output of high volume of purchase orders. Compliance with procurement policies & procedures.
- Clearly communicate requirements for goods and services to suppliers, both verbally and in writing.
- Collect supplier data to be used in adding supplier profile to the purchasing system.
- Maintain current and accurate purchase order data in the purchasing system (e.g. vendor delivery, pricing, change orders).
- Complete and maintain training requirements to support the primary responsibilities of the position and the backup support for other related functions (e.g. Material Handling)
- Perform other duties as assigned.