Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Leads supplier sourcing activities and develops new sources, as required.
- Build internal relationships and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ensures appropriate supply/event agreements are in place and guides internal teams on how to monitor adherence to the terms of the agreements.
- Negotiates contract and purchase order terms that are favorable in terms of mitigating business risk and reducing cost, as well as protecting Illumina IP and resources.
- Develops metrics, tools, and processes to properly track and communicate efficiencies across the various Marketing and Event spend activities
- Ensure compliance with internal guidelines and external regulations and requirements relating to responsible spend categories (e.g., Purchasing Policy, Contract Policy, Code of Conduct, etc.)
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Calm individual who can operate under pressure, deadlines, and changing requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with external suppliers. Understands capabilities of the supplier(s) and how Illumina can better utilize those capabilities.
- Develops cost savings and supplier consolidation proposals and interacts closely with suppliers, and internal customers, to achieve the cost savings.
- Educates internal customers with regard to obtaining best negotiation positions for Illumina.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- Six or more years of experience with proven record of accomplishment and increasing responsibility in Strategic Sourcing or Marketing/Agency disciplines
- Experience in or demonstrated understanding of agency, media and/or general marketing space
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field required
- Experience using meeting sourcing technology and knowledge of HCP compliance regulations is preferred
- Previous experience in event or meeting management
- Experience in maintaining key client and hotel and destination supplier relationships
- Strong financial and analytical skills with a high degree of business acumen
- Expertise with sourcing strategy development in marketing spend or other indirect/direct spend categories, including in-depth knowledge of supplier management best practices, agency terminology and contract negotiation
- Ability to drive change with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good understanding of project management methodologies
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf