This position is responsible for Sourcing within the Life Sciences business. These responsibilities include the development, communication and execution of strategies to ensure realization of the business objectives for assigned commodity within the purchase family, which includes the Cost of Bill of Materials, Target Costing and Should-Be Costing activities. Essential Responsibilities Key responsibilities include:
• Leading the development & execution of the local sourcing strategies that delivers a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
• Leading sourcing execution for assigned commodity(s) or suppliers, including full accountability for buy and meeting deflation targets.
• Performing detailed cost analysis of components & manufacturing processes used by our suppliers to ensure highest quality at the lowest cost solution.
• Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance and developing improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
• Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
• Driving improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management.
• Drive sourcing strategic initiatives to ensure optimal cost productivity, fulfillment, and obsolescence/life-cycle management by leveraging standardization and latest industry practices.
• Building deep relationships with Strategic Suppliers Relationships driving early supplier engagement into GE's New Product Introduction (NPI) process, and long-term partnership for wing-to-wing product lifecycle.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of GEHC Purchasing Controls Procedure and associated Work Instructions and operates within them to ensure that all purchased product and services conform to specified requirements.
5. Develop and maintaining of fully qualified and compliant supply base.
2. 3 years work experience with technical depth/knowledge in assigned commodities, or 3 years of Commercial Sourcing, Supply Chain or Engineering experience Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Desired Characteristics 1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
2. Minimum of 7 years of commercial sourcing experience in all facets of the assigned commodities
3. Excellent negotiations skills and analytical skills with the ability to manage and develop supplier relationships
4. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
5. Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments
6. Experience implementing a compliant supply chain
7. Greenbelt certification preferred
8. OMLP Graduate - GE Specific