Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Clinical Genomics Group uses the company's latest technological innovations in next generation sequencing and array-based technology to provide clinical laboratory tests that have a significant impact on patients' lives. We are customer-focused service and excel at producing accurate and timely results to aide in the diagnosis of rare genetic diseases and help future parents make informed choices. We’ve built a culture fueled by collaboration and openness, and are deeply passionate about our work as we know that we improve countless lives every day.
This position is a key operational role supporting the planning of direct materials and capacity to support Illumina’s Clinical Lab Services group. This exciting opportunity is a key contributor in the successful execution of a high volume/growth service product at Illumina. The Planning Manager will lead the establishment and execution of a best in class S&OP processes to support material and capacity scheduling for the Clinical Lab Services group across multiple sites. The ideal candidate will leverage their strategic operational insight with executional ability to mitigate conflict between supply and demand.
The candidate should possess cross-functional skills to successfully collaborate with internal groups such as LabOps, SCM, Quality, Engineering, R&D and Finance; while equally adept at partnering with critical suppliers to articulate the needs (forecast), coordinating supply delivery, and managing performance for the Clinical Services Lab.
- This role will lead the establishment and execution of the Integrated S&OP processes for the Clinical Lab Services group
- Demand Management- Partner with sales, marketing, finance and other sources of demand to facilitate the demand planning process and gain consensus on a workable product volume forecast (short, mid and long term). Measure and improve forecast accuracy and champion the demand planning process.
- Lead the S&OP management reviews, prepare all data and metrics for review, identify gaps and scenarios that must be presented, guide final decision making on open items and trade-offs, and prepare escalations for executive review where appropriate. Work with Supply Side stakeholders in SCM, Lab Operations to analyze constraints. Support supplier forecasting models, etc.
- Create the S&OP minutes, communicate key conclusion to stakeholders and perform follow up of the actions
- Monitor the accuracy of all forecasts and take timely action that results in reasonable corrections to forecasts that are not tracking
- Analyze supply and demand issues and risk and facilitate resolution throughout the supply chain
- Assist in quantifying and defining scope for capacity, resource, logistics, and supply chain planning with operational leadership-support capacity modeling and other operational analytics with a sight on process improvement.
- Facilitate supply planning and capacity modeling with functional leadership
- Strategic assessment of situations, best practice and recommendation for action resulting in favorable outcomes
- Support Supplier Scorecard process and Supplier QBR’s
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain or Life Science disciplines is preferred
- CPM and / or CPIM preferred
- Bioscience background preferred, CLIA experience is a plus
- 5+ years of Planning or Analysis in a Supply Chain role, SAP, Supply Chain collaboration tools, Excel, Access, Word, Power Point & Outlook. Experience with Kinaxis Rapid Response along with familiarity with Tableau a plus
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a complex organization with exceptional customer service skills and experience
- Excellent Analytical skills and problem solver. Someone with the ability to measure and analyze potential issues while proactively address problems before they occur
- Ability to work and collect data across several different functions, sites and sources, develop plans and material and capacity models. Good analytic and presentation skills will be required
- Acute ability to think and act strategically across multiple product lines, sites and stakeholders
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of procurement, supplier relations, and inventory management
- High attention to detail and ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office suite
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf