Our life sciences content, technology and expertise are essential for drug companies to discover new drugs, for researchers to find relevant papers and know what’s newly published in their subject, and for businesses to optimize their intellectual property and find competitive intelligence.
Thomson Reuters is a leading provider of scientific intelligence, data mining solutions and bioinformatic services to drive translational biology research. These tools and databases help to capture, generate and validate hypothesis through unlocking insight within experimental data. Thomson Reuters provide systems biology solutions for a full range of translational applications in life science research and drug development. Thomson Reuters Integrity provides chemists, biologists and pharmacologists with reliable, detailed information, from the perspective of a scientist, across multiple disciplines to support successful drug research and development.
Main Purpose for a job:
We are looking for an outgoing scientist with a background and interest in bioinformatics. The candidate should understand the value of using systems biology approaches to address translational biology questions. As a solution scientist, you will collaborate with the global scientific team who are responsible for pre and post sales scientific support of our MetaCore, Integrity, and Biomarkers solutions along with other related products and services within the Life Sciences Discovery and Translational Science portfolio.
Primary job responsibilities include technical and scientific demos and trainings to customers (pharmaceutical companies, biotech, academics), customer support, customer visits, and presentations at scientific and industry meetings.
The Solution Scientist should be a motivated and articulate individual who can quickly learn and demonstrate various software tools with a high level of scientific and technical expertise. The position demands a great level of flexibility and “on-the-fly” thinking in order to relate our products and services to the scientific challenges of professionals and academics working in biomedical research.
The candidate should the ability to demonstrate fluid reasoning skills by applying the most relevant scientific and technical knowledge at any level of drug discovery, development, safety assessment, validation, and/or translational research.
Pre and post sales support:
- Help the sales team by articulating the benefits and value of the Life Science Discovery and Translational Sciences solutions portfolio.
- Participate in activities including: gathering and responding to technical questions, product trainings and demos, conducting project scoping sessions for customer solutions, scientific use case generation, and sharing of best practices for customer facing activities.
- Understand how to tailor presentations to scientific, technology, and business users.
- Proactively initiate, design and deliver workshops and events for customers and prospects.
- Provide onsite and web-based demonstrations, training and workshops in support of sales activities to clients.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of training and sales support materials and strategies.
- Participate in conferences and trade shows.
- Provide feedback to product management and sales on clients’ use of products, and additional service needs.
- Deliver and organize workflow based training sessions for customers.
- Provide escalation support for customer services and other colleagues on product related issues.
- Use CRM as an activity planning tool and to capture all client related activity.
- Offer strong customer service skills as demonstrated by ability to anticipate and meet customer needs and build relationships.
- Identify opportunities and work closely with the account teams in order to maintain and further develop client satisfaction and retention.
- Work on use cases, posters and develop application notes.