Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
All About You
This role is to provide Automation Test support for Illumina’s instrumentation and data analysis software. As an automation test engineer, you will work in a cross functional team to automate test cases using MS Coded UI on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis instrument software.
The successful candidate must be a fast learner with strong sense of ownership, motivation, and detail orientated.
- Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the automated test scripting effort on multiple applications
- Work in a scrum environment with daily standups, bi-weekly demos and sprint planning meetings
- Work collaboratively with other Automation engineers to build a sustainable and transferrable architecture for Automation.
- Work with software developers, scientists and domain experts in understanding requirements of the software and translating test cases into automated test scripts.
- Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Science, or related field from an accredited university
- 1-5 years of experience writing automated test scripts on an agile software team
- Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic understanding of biology/genetics/NGS preferred, but not required
- Working experience with object-oriented programming (such as C#) in Microsoft Visual Studio is highly desirable
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf