All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
Join one of biotech's most successful companies to create world-class software with the best and brightest in the industry. You will work in an environment that is collaborative, innovative and fun. As a Software Developer in Test, you will enjoy a rich network of analysts, graphic designers, human factors experts and test engineers to accelerate your work. Your projects will benefit from agile methodologies, pattern-based design, and the latest software technologies.
Illumina’s Enterprise Informatics Business unit is searching for a software engineer to join its cloud development team. As a Software Test Analyst, you will participate in the development of Illumina’s BaseSpace Sequence Hub cloud platform that is revolutionizing DNA sequencing analysis to enable rapid advances in disease research and drug development. This position requires a figure who thrives on collaboration that understands the importance of teamwork, with a strong sense of ownership.
- This position will require the candidate to perform system and web application testing using both manual and automated testing techniques
- The successful candidate will display a strong sense of ownership and initiative with a careful attention to detail
- Write and execute manual tests for cloud systems and web applications
- Develop and execute automated functional tests
- Carefully analyze and report test results
- Assist software developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests
- Work with scientists, technicians, engineers, marketing, and project management to deliver commercial and internal SW systems
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other members of the Software Test organization in a very fast paced environment
- 1+ years’ experience working in Software Quality Assurance and/or other areas of the SDLC to test web applications, both front and back end
- Working knowledge of Linux OS, including system administration and configuration
- Experience authoring automated web tests using frameworks/tools, such as Test Studio, Selenium
- Familiarity with web services and cloud testing
- B.S. in a Computer science, math, or engineering related area or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field of biology
- Experience in performance testing, usability testing, and security testing
- Experience working with databases, such as SQL, MySQL or Postgres
- Possess proven troubleshooting skills
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.