Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
How will you make an impact?
You will be a part of the fast-growing field of Clinical Diagnostics developing systems for molecular diagnostics based on real-time PCR technologies. Your interaction and collaboration with a talented team of assay, reagents, software, hardware designers and manufacturing will revolutionize healthcare through high throughput diagnostic systems. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. has played a pivotal role in the COVID-19 pandemic with the TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit for testing SARS-CoV-2. We continue to innovate and provide new solutions for the pandemic and we need your talent to help save lives.
We are developing an automated workflow for COVID-19 testing using liquid handlers, nucleic acid purification systems and real-time PCR instrumentation. The software experience is essential in providing users an easy to operate solution that minimizes hazards and the software system must be evaluated for use by trained personnel conducting clinical molecular tests.
What will you do?
- Work with cross-functional team to design and develop integrated software systems including defining requirements and specifications of input/output processes, defining hardware or software compatibility and leading stage gate design reviews and design documentation
- Participate and provide input into hazard analysis, d/pFMEA, and usability risks as the lead representative to software integration
- Define application interfaces between components, drive standards for data transfer
- Develop, write and perform integrated software system testing
- Develop technical documentations and present for internal and external use
- Train users on how to install and configure the system into their environments