Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
As a Software QA Engineer at Twist Bioscience, you will have the opportunity to improve the quality of internal and external tools and web applications. You will work closely with the engineering team in a number of different areas such as machine learning, REST APIs, web UI's, and analysis pipelines. You will perform manual testing as needed, and you will help develop and extend the testing infrastructure as well as the test suites that ensure that target applications satisfy their requirements.
This is a challenging position, because we deal with some heavy science concepts, we support a 24/7 DNA production line, and we cover a range of specialized internal- and external-facing applications. You’ll need to be flexible and adaptable in how you approach challenges, and note that there is some urgency to our test and quality assurance work because our company actually builds and ships products.
- Collaborate with the development team and internal stakeholders to ensure correct requirements and test coverage
- Manual testing as needed (because there will always be some things that have to be tested manually)
- Build out our automation test frameworks and tests; we write our test code in Python
- Develop and run test suites to test Twist's internal and external applications
- Improve and refine our development and test practices
- Use JIRA to manage feature requests, bug fixes, and releases