Nanostring is seeking an experienced software (SW) product manager/business analyst to join the Research & Development group. The Diagnostics Sequencing SW Product Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the software requirements for our Hyb & SeqTM instrument, a novel single-molecule hybridization-based next generation sequencing (NGS) technology.
In this position you will collaborate with marketing, software, hardware engineers and designers to lead projects through discovery, prototyping, presentation, requirements writing and translation of details to the development team. Experience with NGS and IVD diagnostic products is strongly preferred. Medical device experience is required.
You will own the success of delivering against project goals. To be successful, you are creative, collaborative, process-friendly, and have the ability to work simultaneously towards both short- and long-term project goals. Join our team and help us unlock the power of the genome!
- Responsible for overall specification of software requirements for a novel diagnostic instrument and software platform for sequencing, including both on instrument workflow and downstream analysis
- Identify, select and manage outside SW solutions firms to bridge product development and commercialization needs with required expertise
- Own creation and iteration of general product requirements and detailed software specifications
- Work collaboratively with R&D product team, software team, regulatory, quality, and marketing stakeholders to understand short-term and long-term objectives for the product
- Serve as a liaison between Marketing and Development in identifying priorities for key software features, conducting hazard analyses, and developing software feature roadmap for the product
- Establish detailed SW, hazard/risk, and human factors documentation compatible with regulatory requirements for Class II and/or Class III medical products
- Create wireframes, write detailed user requirements, and own overall product usability and feature set
- Document and communicate software requirements to ensure that they are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, verifiable, and that they conform to standards
- Be actively engaged with the design teams and assist project team members in requirements refinement during the product development life cycle
- Proactively monitor product/market trends of implementing cutting-edge software solutions/architectures