Join one of biotech's most successful companies to create world-class software with the best and brightest in the industry. Illumina boasts a team of over 100 software professionals at its San Diego headquarters. You will work in an environment that is collaborative, innovative and fun. As an Illumina Software Engineer, you will enjoy a rich network of analysts, graphic designers, bioinformatics experts and test engineers to accelerate your work.
The Oncology Software Engineering group is seeking a candidate with a passion for developing extensible, reliable, rock-solid software that has the potential to impact patient health and the future of cancer treatment. Functions include integration with instrument control software, workflow management, performing secondary analysis (alignment, variant calling), data visualization, filtering and reporting, and pipeline integration. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and be intrinsically driven to both create high-quality software and affirm its quality through unit testing, documentation, and collaboration with the team on verification testing and refining requirements.
- Design and implement clinical-grade data analysis pipelines and patient-focused sequencing portals
- Integrate new pipelines and products with existing Illumina platforms and software products
- Maintain rigorous quality standards
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Develop software that solves the problem at hand with an eye toward flexibility and maintainability
- Collaborate with test engineers, systems analysts, scientists, and stakeholders to create a robust product that suits the users’ needs