Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Illumina has been at the forefront of delivering exponential change in the speed and cost of genomic information in areas as far ranging as oncology, forensics, reproductive health, agriculture, single cell genotyping, organ transplant, and rare disease - just to name a few.
Within the Applied Genomics team we create applications for Illumina’s markets, and partners, that help to unlock the power of the genome. These new insights and data ultimately help to improve human health and well-being.
We are currently looking for a motivated Software Engineer with experience in writing tools and managing cloud infrastructure. You will help build the Applied Genomics team’s expanding software platform, which is the base for our applications. You will consistently encounter and tackle interesting problems: large data sets, regulated environments, portability, scalability, cloud infrastructure and deployment, among them.
Required Skills & Experience
• 3 + year’s related Software Engineering experience
• Strong skills with OOP languages, such as C#, Java, Ruby
• Strong scripting skills using Bash, Python or Ruby
• Proficiency in Linux, Mac platforms and commands
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud computing platforms;
deployment pipelines, network configuration, account policies, etc
• Exposure to test automation, and continuous integration
• Proficiency in managing “infrastructure as code”
• Proven knowledge of web technologies, and micro-services architecture
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Be curious and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
• B.S or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf