Integrated DNA Technologies
Job Locations US-IA-CoralvilleCategory Research & Development
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 10 hours ago
Shift/Schedule M-F 40 Hour Week (United States of America)
The Software Engineer III conducts and/or supports development of software tools for both internal and/ or external (e.g., customer) use. The software development will directly support basic science of nucleic acids and nucleic acid biochemistry and will assists with development and characterization of new IDT products. This position develops solutions and supports fellow Bioinformatics staff developing software for new products at IDT.
Job Specific Essential Functions
- Design and manage the computing infrastructure, tools and methodology used by the Bioinformatics team.
- Coordinate with IDT Enterprise I.S. staff regarding computing infrastructure planning, purchases and configuration.
- Provide recommendations to Bioinformatics staff regarding architectural and development tool decisions.
- Troubleshoot issues related to open-source Linux services.
- Develops software tools required for execution of assigned work, with minimal oversight.
- Analyzes experimental data, report results and plan the next steps.
- Organizes and manages moderately complex projects.
- Integrates existing software packages into IDT's suite of bioinformatics solutions.
- Maintains clean, documented code supported with appropriate unit and integration tests.
- Executes plans for coordinating the integration of software from multiple projects into a production-level suite of software tools.
- Interacts with and assists other members of the R&D team as needed to meet research objectives.
- Oversees activities and assists with training of research personnel as directed.
- Presents experimental results, data analysis or software summaries at group meetings as directed.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Essential Functions
- Proven track-record in software engineering.
- More than three years experience using and configuring GNU/Linux or BSD systems.
- Familiarity with best practices in software engineering workflows for small to medium size teams.