The Simons Foundation is seeking an experienced software engineer to assist with the creation of a novel, interactive web-based application, which will be a ubiquitous resource for tens of thousands of biologists and biomedical researchers worldwide. As a member of our team you will make a direct and lasting impact on the study of human genomics and disease. In addition to code development, you will work collaboratively with scientists and researchers.
- This employee will participate in the design and development of HumanBase's back-end REST API service (Python, Django, MySQL) and its integration with the UI front end (React, Node.js). HumanBase is a web-based application that will be the Google for biomedical research.
- Development of Python web-based applications with REST API services and clients
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
- At least three years' experience as a web engineer participating in the design and development of web-based products
- Experience with Python and Django
- Software development/lifecycle tools (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
Related Skills & Other Preferred Experience
- Experience developing REST APIs and/or writing clients that consume APIs
- Experience with D3.js or other visualization libraries
- Experience with Node.js, npm
The Flatiron Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.