Seattle-based startup Phase Genomics is seeking smart, talented, motivated software engineers and bioinformaticians to help build its revolutionary genomic and metagenomic assembly platform.
Our platform combines cutting-edge lab techniques with uniquely innovative analysis software to deliver researchers the tools to make important scientific breakthroughs. Phase Genomics offers you the ability to use your talents to make solutions that power real-world discoveries like curing diseases, improving food safety and the food supply, and uncovering the role of the microbiome in health.
Our engineers work across a wide range of technologies, from the front end to the back end, designing everything from database-driven web applications to genomic assembly algorithms to massively parallel data analysis systems. Every engineer is given the opportunity for technical, architectural, and product-level ownership of their areas, and is expected to deliver world-class results. Our team is composed of people who are capable of owning a problem space top to bottom, yet still collaborate to deliver great results across the team.
In short, if you’re a ninja who likes solving hard problems, we want to talk to you.
Software engineers and bioinformaticians are responsible for
- Conceiving, designing, implementing, and maintaining software components in one or more product areas, including:
- Massively parallel big data analysis on EC2
- Cloud-based task orchestration
- Website database and UI
- Genome scaffolding
- Metagenomic deconvolution
- Data analysis and report generation
- Complex, multivariable fitness topology optimization
- Process performance metrics and optimization
- Running services in a DevOps model.
- Helping define company technical and business strategy.
- Supporting users with documentation and direct communication.
- Being a good problem solver. As a startup, we have a number of problems that need good brains to work on them, including non-software problems.