Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Oncology Software Engineering group is seeking a candidate with a passion for developing innovative, extensible, durable software that has the potential to impact patient health and the future of cancer treatment. Functions include performing secondary analysis (alignment, variant calling), data visualization, filtering and reporting, integration with instrument control software, workflow management, and pipeline integration. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and be intrinsically driven to both create high-quality software and affirm its quality through unit testing, documentation, and collaboration with the team on verification testing and refining requirements.
- Design and implement clinical-grade data analysis pipelines and patient-focused sequencing portals
- Working with bioinformatics scientists and test engineers, design and optimize robust bioinformatics algorithms
- Integrate new pipelines and products with existing Illumina platforms and software products
- Maintain rigorous quality standards
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Develop software that solves the problem at hand with an eye toward flexibility and maintainability
- Collaborate with test engineers, systems analysts, scientists, and stakeholders to create a robust product that suits the users’ needs
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related discipline (with coursework in biology)
- Demonstrated coding experience with an object-oriented programming language such as C#, Java, or C++ (C# preferred)
- Passion and aptitude for problem solving, data analysis, and mastering new domains
- Strong communicator with a willingness to both learn and teach others
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf