At Illumina, we apply innovative technologies for studying genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. These revolutionary tools for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis are enabling rapid advances in disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests in the clinic.
This role is to provide software support for Illumina’s data analysis systems. The successful candidate must be a fast learner with strong sense of ownership, motivation, and detail orientated.
- Coordinate across multi-disciplinary teams to transform user needs into a complete description of software system requirements
- Lead use case development, requirements gathering, requirements analysis and review meetings
- Create wireframes, workflow diagrams, and other visualizations to communicate technical concepts
- Design clinically-oriented User Interfaces and validate through usability testing
- Write formal, detailed software requirements specifications and software documentation
- Manage requirements priority, changes, and planning for future product versions in a scalable and sustainable design
- Work in a collaborative team environment; accurately and fully describe user needs to software development and testing team members
- Support overall project management such as sprint and release planning
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 3-5 years' experience in software systems analysis with emphasis on user experience design
- Knowledge of formalized requirements gathering and analysis methods and tools
- Experience developing interactive UI prototypes
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing, medical device development, or oncology
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and incorporate feedback in a fast-paced environment
- Software Test Engineering experience a plus
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. Having built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, we’ve established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue; we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. That’s why MIT ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.