Software Development Intern
* Identify opportunities and develop innovative solutions for the
analysis and management of genomic data with Hybrid database solutions
* Assist in designing software and database for the validation of the
* Provide direct technical support
* Pursuing a BS/MS in computer science
* Demonstrated experience in Java and Perl (object-oriented
programming) or Python in a UNIX/Linux environment. Must have
expert-level knowledge in at least one.
* Experience performing statistical analysis on large data sets,
including proficiency in R is a plus.
* Some database experience.
* Excellent communication and effective problem-solving skills; and
ability to interact with multidisciplinary staff in a fast-paced
environment. The successful candidate should be able to work
independently, prioritize and manage a variety of tasks, and shift