Software Development Engineer in Test
PacBio is developing a unique breed of DNA sequencer already changing how researchers understand biology, from antibiotic resistant bacteria to human cancer genomics. The instrument control software team maintains and develops the robotics, control, and workflow software for the sequencers. We’ve worked to develop a best-in-class code base and process, and you’ll help us make that even better. Using both hardware simulation and on-hardware test automation, we cover a wide range of integration and functional tests. We’re looking for someone to extend that further and support the team with better simulation and automated testing to maintain the team’s excellent velocity and quality.
• Extend the team’s automation test framework and test coverage by designing and developing hardware simulation in C#, unit tests in C#, and functional and integration tests in Python
• Collaborate with senior engineers through the entire software development lifecycle to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing, and to increase the team’s velocity
• Automate and extend smoke tests on the DNA sequencers
• Maintain software build and packaging in Gradle/Groovy and installation code in C#
• Triage failures and helping to maintain a stable and functional code base
• Develop internal tools and curate third-party dependencies, such as mono and IronPython