The Regeneron Genetics Center is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company organized to collaborate with health systems and research groups to elucidate, on a large scale, genetic factors that cause or influence a range of human diseases. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the Center will specialize in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing and computational biology; discovery of genotype-phenotype associations through linkage to well-annotated de-identified patient electronic medical records; and validation of discoveries using Regeneron’s VelociGene® technology. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas such as Mendelian and family frameworks, large-scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and patients of collaborating health-care systems, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
The RGC IT group is looking for a LIMS Developer – Genomic LIMS. The candidate will participate in process improvement, lab workflow configurations and development, and lab automation projects for the NGS Lab processes business needs. The candidate will support the biotechnology research areas in the design and development of scientific applications around the customization and integration of the LIMS and other software/database applications as requested. The individual is responsible for many aspects of the software development lifecycle, including: design, testing, implementation, and maintenance of scientific business applications. The candidate will be responsible for developing new and enhancing existing systems independently or as a team using Agile methodology.
• Implement and configure the RGC Sapio Sciences Exemplar LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) application on frontend, backend and database
• Implement code for integration of the LIMS with other external laboratory instruments and systems via API’s, SQL and standard file formats.
• Liaise and work with laboratory and technical personnel to understand business processes and implement workflows in the LIMS
• Enhance, maintain, and troubleshoot software application development requests
• Be comfortable working in and supporting an ultra-high throughput genomics production environment
• Identify and suggest workflow improvement opportunities as they arise to benefit the business
• Must be able to handle a variety of tasks, effectively solve problems with numerous and complex variables, and be able to shift priorities as needed
• Create user-centered designs based on business and functional requirements, user research, customer feedback, and usability findings
• Have an understanding of Jira and Confluence or similar tools for the tracking and management of issues, workflows, and project documentation
• Work with Corporate IT personnel to implement completed systems into production usage; participate in RGC IT and enterprise IT change control processes as required