The Regeneron Genetics Center is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company organized to collaborate with health systems and research groups to elucidate, on a large scale, genetic factors that cause or influence a range of human diseases. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the Center will specialize in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing and computational biology; discovery of genotype-phenotype associations through linkage to well-annotated de-identified patient electronic medical records; and validation of discoveries using Regeneron’s VelociGene® technology. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas such as Mendelian and family frameworks, large-scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and patients of collaborating health-care systems, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
We are looking for a Software Developer – Genomic LIMS to join the Regeneron Genetics Center. The Software Developer - Genomic LIMS will collaborate with scientific customers and other LIMS analysts to improve the end-user experience and usage of web based and LIMS software applications. The Developer will build, test, and maintain end-to-end LIMS-centric solutions based on end user and functional requirements.
The candidate will participate in process improvement, lab workflow, and/or lab automation projects from business process and requirements analysis through to implementation of the application or system. The candidate will support the biotechnology research areas in the design and development of scientific applications around the customization and integration of the LIMS and other software/database applications as requested. The individual is responsible for many aspects of the software development lifecycle, including: design, testing, implementation, and maintenance of scientific business applications. The candidate will be responsible for developing new and enhancing existing systems.
• Design, build, deploy and maintain relational database applications using LAMP technology stack & JRuby, Java in support of a SapioLIMS (laboratory Information Management System) implementation in an ultra high throughput genomics environment
• Work with the laboratory and technical personnel to understand their business processes and implement the workflows in the SapioLIMS. Will also identify and suggest workflow improvement opportunities as they arise to benefit the business
• Build applications and add-on custom functionality by translating high-level business and user requirements into functional and design specifications
• Must be able to handle a variety of tasks, effectively solve problems with numerous and complex variables, and be able to shift priorities as needed
• Partner with internal and external resources to negotiate and customize business, functional, and design requirements for enhanced end-user experience
• Create user-centered designs based on business and functional requirements, user research, customer feedback, and usability findings
• Design user interfaces by using conceptual design techniques such as creating visual mockups, prototypes, and diagrams
• Enhance, maintain, and troubleshoot software application development requests
• Have an understanding of Jira and Confluence tools for the tracking and management of issues and project documentation
• Contribute in the development of software and design standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines to ensure they meet Regeneron business rules and government regulations
• Participate in functional and usability testing to help improve the system and user experience
• Work with IT personnel to implement completed systems into production usage; participate in change control processes as required