A. Objective and Scope of Engagement
The Tufts Medical Center (TMC) and the Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI) seek a senior Software Architect (SA) for a new scientific software development initiative. The SA will develop architecture-level documentation for complex issues in analytics, informatics, big data management and workflow control.
B. Description of Service
• Utilize best practices and methodologies to create visual and narrative representation of proposed system functionality and its UI/UX.
• Develop product specifications using design patterns, UML and other modeling methods to document system, tool, and library integration and feasibility.
Applicants must have the following engineering skills and qualifications:
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer or Information Science
• 5 years proven experience as a Software Architect
• Good knowledge of design patterns, UML and other modeling methods
• Experience supporting at least one full application design
• Experience in at least one software development stack
• Basic understanding of big data technologies and trends
• Basic understanding of UI/UX design concepts
• Basic understanding of software quality assurance principles
• Ability and experience as a short-term independent contractor with own resources
At the end of the project, Contractor will have delivered the following to Tufts CTSI:
1. Software UI/UX storyboards
2. Software architecture documents
D. Period of Performance
Services shall commence on July 1, 2018 and shall be completed no later than December 30, 2018.
E. Fees and Payment Terms
Total hours not-to-exceed 750 for engagement unless increased by mutual agreement. Payments will be for time and materials, only.
F. Additional Terms and Conditions
If selected for this opportunity, contractor will sign a standard Tufts Medical Center consulting agreement and a Business Associate Agreement.
Invoices will be submitted on a monthly basis. Payment will be issued between 45 and 60 days of submission of invoice, the Tufts Medical Center standard accounts payable period.