Single Cell Genomics
KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology)
Scientist with flow cytometry experience
KAUST is an international university dedicated to advance science and technology through innovative and collaborative research and addressing challenges of regional and global significance. Based near Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, KAUST has attracted top-notch faculty and staff from all over the world, especially from countries such as USA, Germany, China, the UK, Australia, Japan, and Italy. Citizens from more than 100 nations are represented on the university campus and in the KAUST community.
We are currently seeking a Scientist for Single Cell Genomics at the Bioscience Core Laboratory (BCL). The laboratory covers different areas such as genomics, proteomics, protein expression, and bioinformatics. The laboratory is state-of-the-art, and our team members have extensive experience in the technological areas. For Single cell analysis the lab holds BD influx, Fluidigm C1, Biomark HD, and a Chromium (10X genomics).
Job Summary: The scientist in this role will be the primary team member working on single-cell analysis. The scientist demonstrates scientific and operational expertise in a range of techniques related to cell sorting, genomics and gene expression analysis. The person in this role works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves method development, assay assessments and standardized experiments. We are a core lab facility and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations.
• Operate multi-parameter flow cytometers, high speed cell sorter, data acquisition and analysis as used in environmental and biomedical research
• Operate other types of equipment such as single-cell platforms, sequencing and qPCR instruments.
• Provide consultation to scientists and students
• Maintain and manage the flow cytometry equipment as well as single-cell platforms
• Train users on equipment
• Exhibit the highest degree of reliability and accuracy to assure quality results
• Stay-up-to-date with newest technologies
• Collaborate efficiently with other groups internally and externally to set up new projects on a high scientific level
• Expand methods for sample analyses and the knowledge to other technologies or scientific challenges as well as new project opportunities
• A PhD degree in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or similar
• Minimum 3 years of experience in flow cytometry.
• Extensive experience in high performance and multi-color fluorescence activated cell sorting will be a plus.
• Insight into NGS libraries and microfluidics platforms
• The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieving highest quality analytical results
• Ability to work with others, initiative, and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals within the University and Industrial partners and be reliable
Located on the beautiful Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia, KAUST sets exceptional standards in residences, recreational facilities and boasts a truly multicultural environment which can be enjoyed by all. Life on the Campus provides ample opportunities and time to keep work and life in harmony – from vacations and holidays to an inviting campus community on the shores of the Red Sea, with all the seaside amenities and recreation facilities of a fine resort. Employees are very well looked after, with packages including tax-free salary, relocation, accommodation and various additional incentives.
Apply now at http://apptrkr.com/977828.