The Project Manager will provide support across the full range of sequencing operations at NYGC. This will include day-to-day management of scientific collaborations, involvement in the consultation process with potential investigators, and assisting senior managers with daily scientific tasks or projects. In addition, the Project Manager will be responsible for tracking inquiries, projects, action items, deadlines, and organizing all supporting information.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage sequencing inquiries and track follow-up action items and progress;
- Work with PIs on routine questions around sample submission and sequencing processes;
- Generate and submit quotes to investigators, work with finance to coordinate project invoicing;
- Coordinate with lab manager to plan incoming projects and timelines for sample preparation and sequencing;
- Review sequencing run and data QC statistics;
- Coordinate troubleshooting of sample preparation, sequencing and data analysis with the laboratory and bioinformatics teams;
- Assist bioinformatics team members in planning data delivery to ensure efficient and effective service and support is provided to NYGC investigators;
- Coordinate data delivery and communication to investigators;
- Manage reporting, communicate, and address questions that are generated once data is provided;
- Further develop pricing structure: streamline, organize, and expand;
- Support lab manager in interviewing candidates for laboratory technicians.