Sequencing Application Sales Specialist
Location: San Diego, CA.
PacBio is always looking to add the best and brightest minds to our world-class company. Our highly interdisciplinary team is best suited for individuals who are creative, forward thinking, and who approach challenges with an innovative attitude. If this sounds like a fit for you, we encourage you to explore our current career opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed revenue targets from sales of PacBio sequencing reagents and consumables in the defined territory.
- Execute territory and account specific sales plans that align with corporate objectives.
- Create, qualify, and close new business opportunities.
- Work cooperatively with various departments within the organization to ensure that product capabilities, advantages, and advancements are effectively communicated to the customer base.
- Create and deliver high quality presentations, plan projects, and drive product sales.
- Utilize a CRM system according to standard protocols for pipeline management, accurate forecasting, and communication with field and internal personnel.
- Serve as a valued technical consultant in order to understand customer needs and propose solutions accordingly.
- Customer focus: Maintain and develop relationships with key customers and references while representing the company with professionalism and integrity.
- The candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with customers, as well as other scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.